Thursday 27 October 2011

A Wave Creeps In...

I searched all over the internet to find somewhere else to stay. I even went to view a few places. The prices didn't justify the properties and the ones I inquired about via email had all 'just been taken'.

I was sat outside on the porch having breakfast when a fellow guest at the Santuary was on the move to another town. He mentioned he'd been to Sanur and said he loved it there and hadn't wanted to leave. Right by the beach and quieter than the popular Kuta. I did a quick online research and stumbled upon a website that had short notice bookings and special offers.

In a panic that I wouldn't find anything else, I booked a room. So here I am in Sanur on the southeast coast of Bali.


Although beautiful, I am still lost here in Bali. I cannot settle, I cannot self-cater. I'm in a basic room on the third floor, if I want a drink, I have to go and buy it. The view from my window is a building construction. But that's what you get for a low price, right?

When I leave the hotel I get "taxi? taxi, miss? where are you going, miss? nice sarong, you buy, I'm sure you have money, cold drink, miss, cold drink? hello, I follow you?"

I walk by the big resorts, the ones that have no pests. I peer in and watch them lounging by the pool, reading their books, chatting with friends. I find a space to sit on the beach that is free and let my thoughts get caught on the breeze.

How can I complain? you wonder. Look at those pictures, you think. To see something at a distance is extremely different to being there and feeling it...the feeling amplified when you are constantly in your own company.

This trip wasn't always going to be 24/7 bliss, it would have been silly to assume that at all. A bleak blog post, I know.

But at least an honest one.

Still, I have the sand and the sea...and I thank the universe for that.

1 comment:

  1. Hello lovebug x hope your ok? x I can imagine this must be a testy time not having your place to settle into, clearly on the horizon.. I'm sure its just around the corner! I hope it all slides into place speedily for you, in the meantime know I love you and would be giving you a mahooosive bear hug if I could (if only I could teleport.. or perhaps astrally travel?.. would an astral hug be as good?.. I should imagine it would!) :) Love, hugs, peace and smiles :).. mwah! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete