Sunday 11 December 2011

Sanur After Sundown

One of the things I'm going to miss about Bali is the cheap massages. You can have an hour long full body, Shiatsu, Thai or a head, face and shoulders for the equivalent of about £3 each. Joey and I went for a foot reflexology massage the other day and oooh my goodness, it was just lovely. Just what I needed.

The other thing I'm going to miss is the impromptu meet-ups with friends; being able to meet them within a 15 minute notice for lunch, randomly seeing them at the traffic lights on your bike or bumping into them at the local bar which turns into an awesome get-together.

Bali has had its ups and downs for me as you know and in the beginning it was difficult but I have come to spend time with some amazing people and have had so many new experiences that I will chalk it up as the place where the doors of opportunity opened up for me. On Wednesday night, I met up with Pascal, the photographer and we bounced around a few ideas for our collaboration project - it's a go go. I sifted through his photos and pondered over what I could do with them. Poems, flash-fiction and short stories to speak for the images he's taken from all over the world. Titles and one-liners sloshed about in my head as I soaked in the pictures. I'm going to work on it until February, the rough deadline we've given the project. Hopefully we'll be turning it into a book and there may even be a visit or two to Paris where Pascal is moving back to. He loves my writing (what a relief!) and we're very excited about what may come of it...

And so, on Friday night, the gang got together for a mini party on the beach. Our last proper shindig before saying goodbye. We all met up for a drink before ordering pizzas to the beach. We took blankets, candles, a guitar and a drum and gazed at the almost full moon. We sang songs and drank wine (I had beer - wine doesn't agree with me unfortunately). Loic and Damien skinny-dipped, I have photographic evidence of that magical moment but sorry guys, those will remain in a safe folder on my laptop!

But here's a visual synopsis of a great night, in a great place with great friends:

No comments:

Post a Comment